ALL OUR PRODUCTS ARE AVAILABLE FOR NATIONWIDE FITTING
0% APR AVAILABLE | CALL NOW ON 0800 246 1482
CAT 5 products
S5 Tracker was designed and built as the replacement for the well-known, Thatcham Category 5 system.
Thatcham S5 now supersedes the Category 5 (as of January 1st, 2019) and is the highest level of tracking system available making it suitable for all vehicle make and models, whether it be for insurance requirements or just peace of mind.
Thatcham S5 tracking systems are a proactive system which continually monitors the vehicle's position (just as all our
S7 do) however they have the unique benefit of the driver identification function and the META system has the ability to disable the vehicle yourself on the APP on your phone
Driver Identification requires a small tag to be carried on the vehicles keys (or in your pocket and kept separate from the keys), should the vehicle be driven without the presence of the ID tag then the S5 Tracker creates an alert that is sent to the 24 hour control room which is verified by human before contact to the owner is made via the supplied emergency contact telephone numbers.
A Cat 5 /S5 Tracker has the ability to cut out the engine start system of your vehicle so if it is stolen this can be disabled by the monitoring company.
Thatcham Category 6 -
*Thatcham Category 6 is now superseded by Thatcham Category S7*
- Internal battery back up
- Communicates via RF frequency
- Communicates via GPS
- Pin point accurate tracking (within 3 metres)
- Full European tracking cover
- Battery disconnect alert
- Movement sensor alert
- 24-hour monitoring
- Some tracking system manufacturers offered the ability to add driver recognition (SmartTrack).
Thatcham Category 5 - Often requested by insurers for vehicles over 70k.
- All those of the category 6 and S7 (they’re both the same don’t forget).
- Automatic driver recognition by way of a driver ID card.
- Remote engine immobilisation (Upon Police request).
- Driver ID - this makes the system proactive and means that should the vehicle be stolen by key theft of key replicating while you’re in bed at 5am then you will receive a call within minutes of the vehicle driving. This driver ID card is to be kept away from the vehicle keys nor is it to be left in the vehicle as this renders the system ineffective.
- Remote Engine Immobilisation.
- Proactive systems which alerts of vehicle theft within minutes
" src="cid:image001.png@01D4CD21.8CC25D70" alt="318F3908E0B34DD683776487A32E6564.png" class="Apple-web-attachment Singleton" style="width: 7.375in; height: 0.0104in;">
Thatcham Category S5 - As of January 2019 this is the new category name for Thatcham Category 5 but with a few changes.
- All those of Thatcham category 6 and 5 but some features are now optional such as;
- The driver ID card can now be kept on the keys.
- Remote engine immobilisation is now an option and is not a requirement.
Thatcham Category S7 - This is the new name for Thatcham Category 6 devices as of January 2019.
- All features remain the same as the category 6, just a category name change.
What’s the benefit or Driver ID?
A standard category 6/S7 tracking system does not use driver ID and is simply a reactive system which other than the vehicle being towed away, or a power disconnection being detected the vehicle can be driven away without alerting you.
. The tracking system wouldn’t know the difference between you driving it and a thief with your keys or cloned keys.
Now let’s say you that same scenario happens with a Thatcham Category 5 or S5 installed - as soon as the vehicle is driven away the tracking system will recognise that the driver ID card is not present and silently alert the control room at which point you will be contacted within minutes to clarify the location of the vehicle.
This way you are on to the theft within minutes and have the best possible chance of recovering your vehicle.
A System with Driver ID is always the best option in our opinion
Please call us or email us to discuss any tracking issue you have we are happy to help and assist you